Solar garden lights are a great way to add light to your garden without having to worry about wiring or batteries. Solar lights are powered by the sun, so they are completely free to run and maintenance-free. They are also very easy to install, as there is no need for an electrician.
Solar lights come in a variety of styles and designs, so you can find the perfect ones to complement your garden. You can choose from traditional lanterns, path lights, spotlights, string lights, and more. Solar lights are also available in different colors, so you can match them to your existing garden décor.
Solar garden lights are an environmentally-friendly option because they do not produce any emissions or pollutants. They are also a great way to save money on your energy bills, as they will reduce your reliance on artificial lighting.
Solar lights are a great way to improve the look of your garden and make it more inviting for you and your guests. With solar lights, you can create a beautiful and tranquil space that you can enjoy all year round.
Solar lights and yard accent lights can turn a great yard into a fabulous one during the evening. When placed around the garden areas tastefully and artistically, accent lights can help turn your evening gardens into a beautiful and serene place to enjoy.
Use lights as part of an overall landscaping design. For best results, plan the entire area of the yard and garden before installing lights. Planning ahead can save you headaches later. If you are adding lighting to an existing landscape, don’t worry. There are many lighting options to choose from, including solar-powered lights. There are two main kinds of accent lights to choose from:
- low voltage lighting
- solar powered lighting.
- Benefits Of Solar Garden Lights
- Disadvantages Of Solar Garden Lights
Benefits Of Solar Garden Lights
1. There are no cords with solar lights
Solar garden lights are very easy to install and require no special wiring or setup – simply place them in a sunny location and let the sun do the rest!
Having no chords is probably the number one reason to get solar lights. With low voltage lights, you need to run a small electrical cord to each site where you intend to put in a light. Once you have attached the light to the cord, you can no longer move the light unless the electrical cord is nearby. Even then, some clamps make it difficult to move them. If you would like to branch your lights out in several different directions from the main cord, then you need to solder several cords together.
The more lights you put on a cord, the bigger the wire needs to be. If you are using low voltage lighting and decide to add some additional lights, then hopefully you used a wire which is big enough to handle the extra current. Not using a wire big enough can cause the wire to overheat. With solar lights, you don’t need to worry about that. With wired lighting, sometimes you need to tunnel under a sidewalk or driveway in order to get the electricity to where it needs to go. This can be quite a chore. Again, with solar lights, simply put the light where it needs to go.
2. There are no transformers.
When all the low voltage lights shut down, you have to figure out why. The transformer is a box that converts house voltage into about 24 volts. This transformer can burn out, and there is no easy way to tell if it is burnt out unless you try another transformer.
3. Solar lights are easier on your electric bill.
You do have to replace the rechargeable batteries in solar lights from time to time, but solar garden lights are a great way to add light to your garden without having to worry about running electrical wires or using up valuable energy resources.
Solar garden lights are a great way to save money on your energy bill, as they use free solar power instead of expensive electricity.
4. Solar lights are softer and more elegant.
Solar garden lights are simply beautiful and can really add a touch of class and sophistication to your garden. Solar lights are extremely versatile and come in a wide variety of styles, so you’re sure to find something that suits your taste and needs.
5. Solar garden lights are eco-friendly.
Solar garden lights are also good for the environment, as they don’t produce any harmful emissions or pollutants.
6. Low voltage lights require more maintenance.
With electrical cords, you can have gophers chew through them, causing a whole section of your lighting to be without power. For individual lights, you can have your clamps disconnect from the electrical cord, which will cause you to have to determine the problem. You will need to check for a burnt-out bulb first, and if it still doesn’t work, you will check to see if the clamp is properly connected to the electrical cord.
All you have to worry about with solar lights is the light bulb. If the light isn’t working after changing the light bulb, then you can simply replace the light altogether. There is no wire soldering, there are not much troubleshooting, and not very many headaches when compared with low voltage lighting.
Disadvantages Of Solar Garden Lights
- Solar garden lights can be quite expensive to purchase, especially if you want a high-quality product.
- Solar lights require a sunny location in order to work properly, so they might not be suitable for all gardens.
- Their solar cell needs access to light, so you are limited about where they can be placed.
- Solar garden lights can sometimes be less reliable than other types of lighting, as they may not provide consistent light output throughout the night.
- They may not all turn on at the same time due to photocell sensitivity differences.
- Solar garden lights can also be susceptible to damage from severe weather conditions, such as strong winds or hail storms.
- Solar garden lights can be a bit of a hassle to install, as you need to make sure that they are placed in a sunny spot.
- If they have rechargeable batteries, you need to remember to change the batteries from time to time.
- They are not as bright as low-voltage lights. This could also be an advantage depending on how you look at the situation.
Solar garden lights are a great way to add light to your garden without having to worry about running electrical wires or using up valuable energy resources. However, they can be quite expensive to purchase and may require a sunny location in order to work properly. Solar garden lights can also be susceptible to damage from severe weather conditions. Overall, solar lights are a great option for those who want to save money on their energy bill and help the environment.
Related Reading: The Pros And Cons Of Solar Panels